[OpenAFS] Using OpenAFS with existing Kerberos servers

David Howells dhowells@redhat.com
Tue, 02 Sep 2003 08:29:12 +0100

> >> Yes, do a search for 'krb5 migration kit',
> >
> >Seems that if you're not a US denizen, then your head falls off and the US
> >government breathes down your neck if you download it. :-)
>
> Whatever gives you that impression?  Note that none of the sites that have
> it for download have the traditional "click-through-if-you're-a-US-citizen"
> stuff.

The first two sites I turned up with google do.

  (*) http://kirby.hpcmp.hpc.mil/

	"AHPCRC distributes Kerberos only to US citizens located in the United
	States. This page is for the United States.

	Important note: Export of this software from the United States of
	America may require a specific license from the United States
	Government. It is the responsibility of any person or organization
	contemplating export to obtain such a license before exporting.

	If the links on this page fail to work, use your browsers 'Back'
	button to go back to the question page and resubmit it. Thank you.

	In order to get the Kerberos software itself, you will need to answer
	the following questions:"

  (*) ftp://ftp.cmf.nrl.navy.mil/pub/kerberos5/README

	"This is the NRL CCS Kerberos Kit ftp site.

	NRL is no longer the distribution site for Kerberos kits for the DOD
	HPCMP.  Please check the official HPCMO Web site
	http://kirby.hpcmp.hpc.mil for Kerberos kits and assistance in
	downloading.

	NOTICE!

	Export of this software from the United States of America may
	require a specific license from the United States Government.  It
	is the responsibility of any person or organization contemplating
	export to obtain such a license before exporting.

	By following the below steps, you are:

	- Agreeing that you are a United States Citizen
	- Agreeing that you are currently located inside of the United States
	- Agreeing to follow all pertinent laws regarding the export of
	  cryptographic software."

David