[OpenAFS] Using OpenAFS with existing Kerberos servers

Kris Boulez kris.boulez@c-cure.be
Tue, 02 Sep 2003 10:07:02 +0200

On Mon, 2003-09-01 at 18:06, David Howells wrote:
> > Nor am I, actually. Assuming you're using a modern enough Kerberos and the
> > right options (which I believe are default for MIT and need to be
> > specified for Heimdal) krb524 returns not a krb4 ticket but a stripped
> > krb5 ticket for AFS; In either case, it gets crammed into the kernel and
> > the right thing should just happen.
>
> OIC.
>
> > What is the output of "tokens" after you run aklog? For that matter, what
> > does aklog -d  (any other args you gave)
> > say?
>
>   dhowells>aklog -d cambridge.redhat.com -k CAMBRIDGE.REDHAT.COM

[ output snipped ]

I'm busy setting up OpenAFS with Heimdal Kerberos 5. So far I've been
following the guide at
http://grand.central.org/twiki/bin/view/AFSLore/KerberosAFSInstall .
This does a good job at describing the installation. How to set up
single sign-on and integration with windows 2000/XP isn't described.
Although it mentions there are several methods.
Is there some documentation which describes how to add users/ get it
working with windows clients/ ...

Kris,
--
Kris Boulez 				  Tel: +32-3-216.50.50