[OpenAFS] Transarc AFS and Tru64 5.1a

Andy Malato andym@oak.njit.edu
Tue, 2 Sep 2003 11:49:56 -0400 (EDT)

Hi --

We currently are running Transarc's AFS client (version 3.6-3.45) on
a few Compaq machines running Tru64 5.1a without a problem.  However, we
ran into a stumbling block when trying to run on a Compaq Alpha DS20E.
After several minutes the system would reboot itself and reported
messages such as below.

---
snic_string:  0xfffffc00009e7058 = "resettodr: cpu not master"

_paniccpu:  1
_panic_thread:  0xfffffc00413e1180
_preserved_message_buffer_begin:
struct {
 hdr = struct {
        msg_magic = 0x880524
        msg_bufx = 0x7ef
        msg_bufr = 0x7b0
        msg_size = 0x1ffe0
 }

---

Our DS20E has 2 processors, and 2GB of RAM.  Our DS20E is the only
machine that has more than 1 CPU.  I speculate that perhaps this
may be the problem.

There is no OpenAFS client for Tru64 5.1a and IBM has dropped support
for AFS on Tru64 as of June 30th, 2003.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

         ---Andy