[OpenAFS] gssklogd access from windows

Douglas E. Engert deengert@anl.gov
Fri, 05 Sep 2003 09:12:56 -0500

Chris McClimans wrote:

> I'm trying to get the keytabs generated, but apparently there are some
> technical hurdles when you only administer an ou within the AD and
> aren't a root admin. Something about kerberos principal keytab
> generation fails. Hopefully I can get the root AD admins to generate my
> gssklog/fqdns@TTU.EDU tomorrow.
> If anyone cares, I can post the details of my attempts to generate
> keytabs as a lowly OU admin in MS AD.
>
> When gssklog connects to gssklogd (and tries to get
> gssklog@oak.cs.ttu.edu) the only way to contact the kdc for the
> CS.TTU.EDU realm is to have it configured in DNS or the krb5.conf
> equivalent. The equivalent doesn't seem to exist anywhere within the
> microsoft implementation as far as I can tell.
> The entry actually exists in the AD as a cross-realm trust, but I
> wonder if the gssapi implementation uses it as a referral if you passed
> the realm in via SSPI?

Yes it should. To test this, in gssklog.c  after the line:

     strcat(service_princ_name,server);
add
     strcat(service_princ_name,"@CS.TTU.EDU");

then after the line:

     strcat(service_princ_name,cellconfig.hostName[i]);
add
     strcat(service_princ_name,"@CS.TTU.EDU");

This is only a test (the siz of the string service_princ_name should also be increased)
and will only work for the SSPI.
I will also look at a substitute way to specify the realm of the cell.