[OpenAFS] pts problem

Tim C. tim@umbc.edu
Tue, 9 Sep 2003 17:48:21 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 9 Sep 2003, Derrick J Brashear wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Sep 2003, Tim C. wrote:
>

> > Warning: Id hash for ceduc369 (id 32766) seems correct at the db;
> > rehashing it anyway
> > Failed to update entry ceduc369 (err=267269)
> >
> >   I've never seen the "Failed to update entry..." error before, and
> > neither has one of my colleages familiar with afs.  This action used to
> translate_et 267269
> 267269 (pt).5 = Permission denied
>
> Guess: we fixed the pr debug interface to not let anyone read information
> from it, and ptclient was somehow using it for something for which it
> can't now.
>
> I?t was a security hole in that anyone could read stuff from your ptserver
> even if the pts acls disallowed it.

  That makes sense.  Any suggestions to try to fix it then?  There seems
like there should be some other direct editing program for situation
like this when all else has failed. ;)

Tim

Tim Craig            These are my opinions and not my employers. :)
OIT-Systems
tim@umbc.edu         It's hard to be serious when you're
                       naked. - Garfield