[OpenAFS] OpenAFS server on SuSE 8.2

Benjamin P Myers dative@sukrahelitek.com
Mon, 15 Sep 2003 13:42:53 -0500

On Monday 15 September 2003 01:23 pm, Derrick J Brashear wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Sep 2003, Benjamin P Myers wrote:
> > > It would have been nice if instead of just enlarging you could have
> > > told us where the problem was, since elarging the size of the small
> > > memory pool chunks is wasteful.
> >
> > I did.
>
> No, I told you the problem was there. I want to know what calls it. If =
you
> get a good oops, it will tell you.
>
> ./configure --enable-debug-kernel will compile a module that should giv=
> good frames in the backtrace.

I don't follow.  osi_file.c line 47 is:=20

afile =3D (struct osi_file *) osi_AllocSmallSpace(sizeof(struct osi_file)=
);

I put printfs around all instances of osi_AllocSmallSpace in the src/afs/=
LINUX=20
directory and came up with this one on account of not seeing the output o=
f=20
the second printf in my system log.  It seems that sizeof(struct osi_file=
)=20
was larger than the default AFS_SMALLOCSIZ, but I don't know why not on o=
ther=20
suse boxes. I didn't have very good luck with the backtrace (even with th=
e=20
--enable-debug-kernel and ksymoops).

Thanks,
-Ben