[OpenAFS] openAFS vs. DFS

Adam Done donestudios@gmx.net
Mon, 15 Sep 2003 19:23:51 -0700

--=-24FyP4npEF3rW3GlBOEG

I have been getting ready to implement openAFS into the system on a X
Serve running Debian GNU/Linux for the ppc.  I also have been doing some
reading in the Managing AFS by Richard Campbell and google searching on
DFS.

I can see good reasons to both arch.  I gather openAFS is simpler to
manage than DFS but DFS has more advanced features.  Also I gather DFS
is not supported on a wide rage of server/client hardware.

Since I am starting from scratch and learning openAFS should I stick
with that or should I try to go the DFS route.  I am not experienced in
either so I would not know esp that I am the one in charge of the the
companies IT.

-Adam

--=-24FyP4npEF3rW3GlBOEG

<HTML>
<HEAD>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
I have been getting ready to implement openAFS into the system on a X Serve running Debian GNU/Linux for the ppc.&nbsp; I also have been doing some reading in the Managing AFS by Richard Campbell and google searching on DFS.&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
I can see good reasons to both arch.&nbsp; I gather openAFS is simpler to manage than DFS but DFS has more advanced features.&nbsp; Also I gather DFS is not supported on a wide rage of server/client hardware.<BR>
<BR>
Since I am starting from scratch and learning openAFS should I stick with that or should I try to go the DFS route.&nbsp; I am not experienced in either so I would not know esp that I am the one in charge of the the companies IT.<BR>
<BR>
-Adam
</BODY>
</HTML>