[OpenAFS] openAFS vs. DFS

Adam Done donestudios@gmx.net
Mon, 15 Sep 2003 21:49:42 -0700

--=-sgaHaiBMinARdzm692k5

On Mon, 2003-09-15 at 19:34, Russ Allbery wrote:

> Adam Done <donestudios@gmx.net> writes:
>
> > Since I am starting from scratch and learning openAFS should I stick
> > with that or should I try to go the DFS route.  I am not experienced in
> > either so I would not know esp that I am the one in charge of the the
> > companies IT.
>
> Is anyone really looking at new DFS deployments?  My impression is that it
> and DCE are mostly dead except for people who already have large
> investments in them.

Wow.. I did not know that.. then that would def solve the question about
DFS... Thanks

-Adam

--=-sgaHaiBMinARdzm692k5

<HTML>
<HEAD>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
On Mon, 2003-09-15 at 19:34, Russ Allbery wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>
<PRE><FONT COLOR="#737373"><I>Adam Done &lt;donestudios@gmx.net&gt; writes:

&gt; Since I am starting from scratch and learning openAFS should I stick
&gt; with that or should I try to go the DFS route.  I am not experienced in
&gt; either so I would not know esp that I am the one in charge of the the
&gt; companies IT.

Is anyone really looking at new DFS deployments?  My impression is that it
and DCE are mostly dead except for people who already have large
investments in them.</I></FONT></PRE>
</BLOCKQUOTE>
<BR>
Wow.. I did not know that.. then that would def solve the question about DFS... Thanks<BR>
<BR>
-Adam
</BODY>
</HTML>