[OpenAFS] problems with afsd

Jerome Walter walter@efrei.fr
Thu, 18 Sep 2003 10:09:19 +0200

On Wed, Sep 17, 2003 at 02:18:04PM +0200, uwe strempel wrote:
> I'm using openafs-1.2.10 with following install-configuration:
> VER_oafs="1.2.10"
[d10d snip]
> - Prompt kehrt nicht zurueck
> - 30 Sekunden spaeter geht NICHTS mehr...
> - Ausgabe dmesg:

Mmmh, no german for 6 years, i'm lost ;)

> Starting AFS cache scan...found 0 non-empty cache files (0%).
> Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address f8972b19
>  printing eip:
> f8972b19
> *pde

I got a similar problem with one of my Linux machines. I don't know if
this come from there, but i managed to get rid of it by erasing all
files in AFS cache each time i start/restart the openafs-client daemon.
Just adding a rm -rf /var/cache/openafs/* in /etc/init.d/openafs-client
did work.
I don't know why, but openafs seems to be not that stable on Linux, as
it works perfectly under Windows and Solaris.

Best regards,

Jérôme Walter
--
-+--   Jérôme Walter - 	I2 EFREI		          ----+-
 Equipe Système - Efrei Robotique - Jap'Efrei - Erasmus Tutors