[OpenAFS] !@#$ integrated logon

Rodney M Dyer rmdyer@uncc.edu
Fri, 26 Sep 2003 10:09:54 -0400

At 02:49 PM 9/25/2003 -0700, you wrote:

>You can totally disable afslogon.dll by removing this key from the registry:
>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\TransarcAFSDaemon\Netwo
>rkProvider\AuthentProviderPath

There seems to be some problem here some people are having that we've never
seen.  You can easily turn the afs logon authentication on and off
programatically by using the following...

The following registry keys turn on logon authentication...

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\TransarcAFSDaemon\Parameters]
"UseIntegratedLogin"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\NetworkProvider\Order]
"ProviderOrder"="LanmanWorkstation,TransarcAFSDaemon"

So turning off logon authentication would be...

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\TransarcAFSDaemon\Parameters]
"UseIntegratedLogin"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\NetworkProvider\Order]
"ProviderOrder"="LanmanWorkstation"

That is about it.

Rodney