[OpenAFS] !@#$ integrated logon

Rodney M Dyer rmdyer@uncc.edu
Fri, 26 Sep 2003 18:43:36 -0400

Ahhh, this makes perfect sense...I get it now.  Since the AFS service
relies on a SMB loopback mechanism for it's network connectivity, you don't
need to have it rely on the primary network adapter!  Great!  This solves
the great mystery we've had over the years where our PC's lose network
connectivity for whatever reason, as when a cable becomes pulled, our PC's
AFS service will crash...

Very much thanks for the info...I'll probably implement a private adapter soon!

Rodney