[OpenAFS] Some questions (gssklog, openssh)

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
30 Sep 2003 17:56:51 -0400

David Ferch <dferch@gmx.net> writes:

> Oh, last question. Last week one of the two servers (with the lower ip .4
> - only readonly copies) comes unavailable. After 10 minutes I can't access
> my cell from clients. I've got "/afs: no such file or directory". The
> second servers ip is .6 and it has all rw-volumes on it). I can't find
> something about this failure. Does someone knows about ?

You only have two servers?  If so, then the cell absolutely depends on
the one with the lower IP address.  It get's an extra 1/2 vote during
Ubik elections, so out of a total of 2.5 votes your server at .6 only
got 1 vote for quorum -- so you lost your cell due to lack of quorum.

Also, if you dont have any RO copies of /afs on .6, it will fail to
find that..  The client will not fallback to the RW copy.  You should
make sure you have a RO clone on the same partition as the RW volume.

> Thank you for your help.

-derek