[OpenAFS] 1.3.66 client under AIX 5.1

Hans-Gunther Borrmann hans-gunther.borrmann@rz.uni-freiburg.de
Wed, 4 Aug 2004 16:02:36 +0200

On Wednesday 04 August 2004 15:34, Horst Birthelmer wrote:
> On Aug 4, 2004, at 2:47 PM, Hans-Gunther Borrmann wrote:
> > I just compiled 1.3.66 under AIX  5.1. The compilation was
> > successfull. The
> > client starts and I can access files under /afs But the bos and vos
> > command
> > suites, kas, klog and kpasswd all segfault.
> >
> > :-(
>
> Maybe you answered this question before ...
>
> Is this AIX 5.1 64 Bit Kernel Environment??

no, 32-Bit

> If yes, you maybe have to live with it for a while ... ;-) until
> someone has the time to look into it.
> If not, you should check where the segfault comes from.
> If it is the encryption you have to disable the compiler optimization
> for that file.
> Hartmut mentioned this more than one time on this list before.
>
> Unfortunately nobody ever tried to fix that ... or at least I don't
> know about it ;-)
>
> Horst

I compiled 1.3.66 the same way as I compiled 1.3.65. To get a running version
of 1.3.65 I replaced afs.ext.* by the versions of Hartmut Reuter. The
compiled ones crashed the machine. The only problem I see up to day with
1.3.65 is that with 8-byte passwords. So I do not believe that this has to do
with optimization But I'll look at that.

Gunther
Hans-Gunther Borrmann <hans-gunther.borrmann@rz.uni-freiburg.de>
Rechenzentrum der Universitaet Freiburg
Hermann-Herder-Str. 10, D79104 FREIBURG