[OpenAFS] permission denied

J S vervoom@hotmail.com
Fri, 06 Aug 2004 09:23:53 +0000

Hi,

I have a problem that's suddenly cropped up. For months I've had a job
running everynight which runs as root and writes to AFS. Recently it started
to fail though and I get permission denied. The only way I can fix this is
if I do a bos restart all, but then after 1-2 days, the problem happens
again.

The root ip address is added to the AFS users which prevents having to use
klog and I've checked that's still there. I've added all the new ip
addresses on the machine to /usr/afs/local/NetRestrict. I've compared the
logs to another AFS server, and there are no differences. There's very
little in the logs anyway, and they haven't been updated since the bos
restart.

Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks,

JS.