[OpenAFS] 2.6 linux kernel support; afs from ramdisk

Ian Delahorne ian@assv.net
Mon, 09 Aug 2004 13:58:39 +0200

On Mon, 2004-08-09 at 09:24, Dr A V Le Blanc wrote:
> On Saturday August 7, Christoph Hellwig, a Linux kernel developer,
> gave a presentation at Leeds on Linux filesystems.  He said that
> AFS was a buggy filesystem with a very messy code base, and that
> people should stay away from openafs, which was particularly
> unreliable.

When it comes to some of the userland stuff, he's sortof right about the
code base. Code in src/volser/ is pretty butt ugly (and then we have a
different implementation of the same stuff in libadmin also...)

(NB: I don't know anything of the history of that code, I'm just trying
to read it while implementing vos subcommands for Arla...)