[OpenAFS] 2.6 linux kernel support; afs from ramdisk

chas williams (contractor) chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Mon, 09 Aug 2004 09:46:01 -0400

In message <20040809072445.GD19388@afs.mcc.ac.uk>,Dr A V Le Blanc writes:
>gave a presentation at Leeds on Linux filesystems.  He said that
>AFS was a buggy filesystem with a very messy code base, and that
>people should stay away from openafs, which was particularly
>unreliable.  I don't want to blame Christoph, who seems to have

well he is partly right.  the code base is a bit messy.  this comes
from being ported to several different platforms (including linux
three different times).  suggesting that people not use it though
and not providing a real alternative is not very helpful.  people
should use it, otherwise we wont find the bugs and make it a
better product.