[OpenAFS] 2.6 linux kernel support; afs from ramdisk

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Mon, 09 Aug 2004 15:55:28 -0400

On Monday, August 09, 2004 19:40:24 +0200 Ian Delahorne <ian@assv.net>
wrote:

>> (it's hard to administer, but you can be a client with literally none,
>> if  you have a kinit which gets tokens for you)
>
> Are there people that do this for real (save space in the
> ramdisk/network boot image/whatever)?

Hi.

We do RedHat net installs using AFS.
Nowadays we use a disk cache and real afsd, but several versions ago we had
an installer floppy image which contained an appropriate libafs and nothing
else -- the installer contained enough code to start AFS in memcache mode.

   Sr. Research Systems Programmer