[OpenAFS] How to set CFLAGS for OpenAFS?

Evan Knop jrh-afs@lore.dartmouth.edu
Mon, 09 Aug 2004 17:02:40 -0400

I'm trying to build OpenAFS with a certain set of CFLAGS.  Is there a
string I can pass to configure to add something to the CFLAGS for each
directory (in this case, its -fPIC so the .a files can be linked into a
.so library for PAM on x86_64/amd64).

I've found that the openafs-1.2.11-rhel3.0.1.src.rpm is missing a few
things for x86_64, which will cause a rpmbuild -ba to go quite wrong.
Would there be an interest in my patches when I've got everything working?

Currently, I've had to disable building with PAM because of -fPIC
problem, but I have managed to build the rest of the rpms (minus the
krb5support) successfully.  The two major changes I've needed were to
translate the "arch = x86_64" to a sysbase of "amd64", and to set
LINUX_GCC_KOPTS="-mno-red-zone" before all the ./configure steps.

Thanks!