[OpenAFS] How to set CFLAGS for OpenAFS?

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Tue, 10 Aug 2004 14:42:39 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 9 Aug 2004, Evan Knop wrote:

> I'm trying to build OpenAFS with a certain set of CFLAGS.  Is there a string
> I can pass to configure to add something to the CFLAGS for each directory (in
> this case, its -fPIC so the .a files can be linked into a .so library for PAM
> on x86_64/amd64).

For starters, I'll suggest you work with 1.3.70.
After you do that, override CCOBJ (which should be cc) with cc -fPIC, and
you'll get what you want.

> I've found that the openafs-1.2.11-rhel3.0.1.src.rpm is missing a few things
> for x86_64, which will cause a rpmbuild -ba to go quite wrong. Would there be
> an interest in my patches when I've got everything working?

We're trying pretty hard to not care about 1.2 anymore.