[OpenAFS] Database servers that will be powered-off

Rogelio Bazán Reyes rogbazan@santander.com.mx
Thu, 12 Aug 2004 20:34:50 -0500

hi,
i have 6 database servers, because we move our data center from one city
to another. Originally, we had 3 db servers, but we added three more to
migrate step by step all the cell. now we want to shutdown the three
dbservers...the problem is that many clients are pointing to the old
servers...something like 2000 windows clients....
Question:  can i set another ip address (of the old dbservers) to my new
dbservers and migrate the network to my new site?...i mean, AFS will be
working ok with the two ip addresses??????

thanx.
regards.
HELP ME!!!!

Rogelio Bazán Reyes
A.L.Tec. De México, S.A. De C.V.
Soporte Técnico Infraestructura Distribuida
Blvd. Ing. Bernardo Quintana Arrioja #4056
Col. San Pablo C.P. 76150
Santiago de Querétaro, Qro.
México