[OpenAFS] Restore of partially deleted volume

Hartmut Reuter reuter@rzg.mpg.de
Mon, 16 Aug 2004 15:10:20 +0200

Lukas Kubin wrote:
> By a mistake I did "vos remove" of RW volume. I stopped the process
> before it finished however now I have a corrupted volume (its entry is
> only in VLDB).
> I have .backup version of that RW volume created by "vos backupsys".
> How can I restore the volume now?
>
> Thanks.

if the backup volume is still ok (you may create a mount point for it
and look into it)
you can pipe a vos dump into a vos create command:

-Hartmut

Hartmut Reuter                           e-mail reuter@rzg.mpg.de
					   phone +49-89-3299-1328
RZG (Rechenzentrum Garching)               fax   +49-89-3299-1301
Computing Center of the Max-Planck-Gesellschaft (MPG) and the
Institut fuer Plasmaphysik (IPP)