[OpenAFS] 1.3.70 and aklog

Christopher D. Clausen cclausen@acm.org
Mon, 16 Aug 2004 23:36:07 -0500

Derrick J Brashear wrote:
> I notice the comments aren't rolling in on this release. We need
> feedback to fix remaining issues so 1.4 can be released. Is anyone
> actually using this?

I am using it.  I submitted a bug report and it has been fixed...

...perhaps someone can explain how the aklog with kerberos 5 support (no
need for krb425d) works?  I read through the previous posts on 1.3.66,
but I don't really understand what is going.  I believe this should work
as I expect and I should be able to use my AD domain tickets to get a
tokens in my home cell.

I am running OpenAFS 1.3.70 debug build and KfW 2.6.4.  (Does the 1.3.71
build fix this?)

AD.UIUC.EDU is a Windows Active Directory
ACM.UIUC.EDU is an MIT Kerberos realm that trusts AD.UIUC.EDU
acm.uiuc.edu is the AFS cell where I want to obtain tokens.

I am logging on to my machine using my Active Directory password in the
AD.UIUC.EDU domain.  I then run ms2mit to populate the MIT credential
cache with my AD tickets.  I than attempt to obtain AFS tokens.  I get a
token, but its for cclausen@ad.uiuc.edu and I do not have permissions
within the acm.uiuc.edu cell.

steps:

C:\>kdestroy
C:\>ms2mit
C:\>klist
Ticket cache: API:krb5cc.cclausen
Default principal: cclausen@AD.UIUC.EDU
08/16/04 23:03:10  08/17/04 09:03:10  krbtgt/AD.UIUC.EDU@AD.UIUC.EDU
        renew until 08/23/04 23:03:10
08/16/04 23:03:10  08/17/04 09:03:10
host/kbs-cdc.ad.uiuc.edu@AD.UIUC.EDU
        renew until 08/23/04 23:03:10
Kerberos 4 ticket cache: API:krb4cc
klist: No ticket file (tf_util)

C:\>which -a aklog
 C:\Progra~1\MIT\Kerberos\bin\aklog.exe
 C:\Progra~1\OpenAFS\Client\Program\aklog.exe
 C:\Program Files\OpenAFS\Client\Program\aklog.exe

C:\>filever "C:\Program Files\OpenAFS\Client\Program\aklog.exe"
--a-- W32i   APP   -      1.3.7000.0 shp     40,448 08-09-2004 aklog.exe

C:\> "C:\Program Files\OpenAFS\Client\Program\aklog.exe" -5 -d
Authenticating to cell acm.uiuc.edu.
Getting v5 tickets: afs/acm.uiuc.edu@ACM.UIUC.EDU
About to resolve name cclausen@AD.UIUC.EDU to id
Id 32766
doing first-time registration of cclausen@ad.uiuc.edu at acm.uiuc.edu
libprot: funny kvno (256) in ticket, proceeding
aklog.exe: unable to create remote PTS user cclausen@ad.uiuc.edu in cell
acm.uiuc.edu (status: 19270403).
Set username to cclausen@ad.uiuc.edu
Getting tokens.

C:\>klist
Ticket cache: API:krb5cc.cclausen

08/16/04 23:03:10  08/17/04 09:03:10  krbtgt/AD.UIUC.EDU@AD.UIUC.EDU
        renew until 08/23/04 23:03:10
08/16/04 23:03:10  08/17/04 09:03:10
host/kbs-cdc.ad.uiuc.edu@AD.UIUC.EDU
        renew until 08/23/04 23:03:10
08/16/04 23:03:10  08/17/04 09:03:10  krbtgt/ACM.UIUC.EDU@AD.UIUC.EDU
        renew until 08/23/04 23:03:10
08/16/04 23:05:32  08/17/04 09:03:10  afs/acm.uiuc.edu@ACM.UIUC.EDU
        renew until 08/23/04 23:03:10

Kerberos 4 ticket cache: API:krb4cc
klist: No ticket file (tf_util)

C:\>tokens
Tokens held by the Cache Manager:
User cclausen@ad.uiuc.edu's tokens for afs@acm.uiuc.edu [Expires Aug 17
09:03]
   --End of list --

C:\>h:
H:\>ls -l
(this hangs for a few minutes b/c I don't actually have permission in
the cell.)

Am I doing something wrong?  Have something misconfigured?

Also, I'm pretty sure I should be able to specify the command line
options to aklog in any order.  (The first one just prints a help
message, so I assume it does not work.)  Is there a reason to require
parameters in a particular order?

H:\>C:\Progra~1\OpenAFS\Client\Program\aklog.exe -k ACM.UIUC.EDU -c
acm.uiuc.edu
Usage: aklog.exe [-d] [[-cell | -c] cell [-k krb_realm]] [[-p | -path]
pathname]
    [-noprdb] [-force]
    [-5 | -4]

    -d gives debugging information.
    krb_realm is the kerberos realm of a cell.
    pathname is the name of a directory to which you wish to
authenticate.
    -noprdb means don't try to determine AFS ID.
    -5 or -4 selects whether to use Kerberos V or Kerberos IV.
       (default is Kerberos V)
    No commandline arguments means authenticate to the local cell.

H:\>C:\Progra~1\OpenAFS\Client\Program\aklog.exe -c acm.uiuc.edu   -k
ACM.UIUC.EDU
H:\>

<<CDC
Christopher D. Clausen