[OpenAFS] Logoff kill tokens and profile cannot get back to AFS

Rolandas Naujikas rolnas@takas.lt
Wed, 18 Aug 2004 22:48:20 +0300

Hello,

Windows Server 2003 (the same in Windows XP and Windows 2000 Server) is
in Samba 3.0.x domain.  Terminal service clients can logon with roaming
profiles from AFS (path like \\afs\cell\home\username), but on logoff
gets "Access Denied", and profiles doesn't copy back to AFS server.

I lookup in src/WINNT/afsd/afslogon.c and found, that OpenAFS 1.3.70 use
ActiveDirectory for quering profile path and in last resort
GetUserProfilePath - always returns local path (like c:\documents and
setings\username). Also LogoffTokenTransfer and
LogoffTokenTransferTimeout doesn't implemented and cannot by used for
this work.

Rolandas Naujikas

P.S. This functionality is crusial for our academic network and I could
help with additional code.