[OpenAFS] Re: 1.3.70 comments?

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Wed, 18 Aug 2004 20:18:15 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004, Dale Ghent wrote:

> Forgive me if this has been discussed in the past, I've searched for it in
> the archives via google to no avail, and it's more of a curiosity question,
> anyway.
>
> Are there any plans for the code base of OpenAFS to be converted fully to
> ANSI C and perhaps use autoconf in a more encompassing fashion to deprecate
> src/config ?

Periodically chunks of the code are ansified as they are rewritten or as I
get pissed off and pick a directory to ansify. Likewise, slowly more has
been being done with autoconf, but part of the problem is only a limited
subset of kernel "stuff" can be detected as opposed to known.

If you have patches, send em. If you don't, well, know that we're trying.