[OpenAFS] ACLs not working on afs volumes! Help!

Hartmut Reuter reuter@rzg.mpg.de
Thu, 19 Aug 2004 09:27:56 +0200

This is intended behaviour. It may be discussed whether it's really
a good idea, but the code in src/viced/afsfileprocs.c in the
routine Check_PermissionRights (line 835 ff) shows

                 if (CallingRoutine == CHK_STOREACL) {
                     if (!(rights & PRSFS_ADMINISTER)
                         && !VolumeOwner(client, targetptr))
                         return (EACCES);
                 } else {

That means if the client user is the owner of the volume (the owner of
the volume's
root directory) he doesn't get EACCES.

-Hartmut