[OpenAFS] KDC differences between Windows 2000 and 2003?

Christopher D. Clausen cclausen@acm.org
Fri, 20 Aug 2004 11:49:51 -0500

Andrew Leahy wrote:
> I don't think I've made any modifications to our server in the
> interim, and the only variable on the Windows server end is that
> they've upgraded from Windows 2000 to Windows Server 2003.  Am I
> barking up the wrong tree?

I had the kvnos on ALL of my hosts keytabs (those extracted with ktpass)
change (they all got incremented by 1) when campus upgraded to Windows
2003.  Gssklog was broken from my Windows machines until I fixed it.

If you just re-extract using ktpass and re-add the key to the AFS
servers all should be well.

<<CDC
Christopher D. Clausen
ACM@UIUC SysAdmin