[OpenAFS] file corruption after restoring large readonly volumes

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Wed, 25 Aug 2004 14:42:40 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004, Brendan Kirby wrote:

> Unfortunately, this is a production box.  So, upgrading to the unstable
> version is not something I want to do.  Thanks for the help and the

If it fixes problems you have, and the stable version has the problems,
then perhaps you have a narrow mindset (or mine is too wide-open), but...

> explanation.  I don't suppose just replacing volserver and vos on the
> target server temporarily to do the restore would be a good idea, right?

It would work, for the part of the problem it solves.

> I don't plan to move the RW volume, but you never know.  If I was to
> dump the RW volume, then remove it and all the replication sites.  Then,
> restore the RW volume to this other machine, will this still be
> completely fatal?

if you dump the rw, and restore as rw to the other site, it would be ok.