[OpenAFS] Iscsi or san support.

Dan Pritts danno@internet2.edu
Thu, 26 Aug 2004 10:56:25 -0400

On Wed, Aug 25, 2004 at 04:27:23PM -0700, Dennis O. Aliev wrote:
> Is there a way to mount same partition from iSCSI storage across
> multiple load balanced AFS file servers?

not in the standard afs distribution.

> Is there a performance chart for AFS? We are currently able to get ~
> 80MB/s transfer rate on a Gbit network if node is directly attached
> to iSCSI storage.  What kind of data transfer can we expect on an AFS
> client accessing data via AFS File server using similiar Gbit enviroment?

I don't have any specific numbers for you (search the list archives
though, someone did post some tests a year or so ago) but AFS's strengths
do not include the best possible raw speed.

danno
--
dan pritts                                       danno@internet2.edu
systems administrator                            734/352-4953 office