[OpenAFS] Test release of Perl API to AFS' monitoring and debugging tools

Alf Wachsmann alfw@slac.stanford.edu
Sun, 29 Aug 2004 09:53:07 -0700 (PDT)

Over the summer, a student, Elizabeth Cassell, and I wrote a Perl
module to interface with the AFS monitoring and debugging functions.

The set of available functions includes:
afsmonitor, cmdebug, rxdebug, scout, udebug, xstat_cm_test, xstat_fs_test

The package comes with lots of examples and comprehensive documentation.
It is available via

	http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~alfw/AFS-Debug-0.1.tar.gz

We have tested the module on Solaris and Linux with different versions
of AFS and Perl and found no problems. However, we suspect that threaded
Perl at some sites may give the same problems as the AFSPerl module.
We don't see any reason why this module shouldn't also work on other
Unixes, Mac OS or Windows.

Would you please give the module a test at your site and let us know
what the results are and what you think in general.

Your help and thoughts are greatly appreciated.

-- Alf.

  Alf Wachsmann                       | e-mail: alfw@slac.stanford.edu
  SLAC Computing Service              | Phone:  +1-650-926-4802
  2575 Sand Hill Road, M/S 97         | FAX:    +1-650-926-3329
  Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA           | Office: Bldg. 50/323
                http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~alfw (PGP)