[OpenAFS] Problem with afs_syscall

John S. Bucy bucy-openafs-info@gloop.org
Tue, 31 Aug 2004 14:40:59 -0400

On Thu, Aug 26, 2004 at 09:41:39AM +0200, Christian Pfaffel wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>
> I have got the following problem on a couple of more or less heavily
> loaded application servers all running OpenAFS version 1.2.11 on
> debian x86 woody.

Are you creating lots of PAGs?  In the present (magic groups)
implementation, you can run out of PAGs so there's some throttling on
k_setpag() which will just block the calling process.

Derrick: could we get a kernel message when this occurs?  Its not
documented anywhere AFAIK and quite mysterious to troubleshoot if you
don't already know about it.

john