[OpenAFS] dumb pts question

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Tue, 31 Aug 2004 15:48:56 -0400

On Tuesday, August 31, 2004 15:40:18 -0400 Craig Huckabee
<huck@spawar.navy.mil> wrote:

> An empty CellServDB with no line for my cell = afsd won't start nor will
> pts work at all, it seems to want at least the one line for the cell
> before it will consult DNS.

"afsd won't start" means you got what error message?
"nor will pts work at all" means you got what error message?

I have not checked the code, but I would not be surprised if a CellServDB
entry for the local cell was required when running without dynroot enabled.

>  From the ChangeLog, looks like AFSDB support was turned 'on' by default
> for 1.2.11 - am I reading that incorrectly ?

No, and if it's working at all for you, it's turned on.
However "the CellServDB has priority" means that an entry for your cell
with no servers means the cell has no servers.  As I said, it's possible
and even likely that the cache manager treats this case differently from
the user-mode tools.