[OpenAFS] SQLite?

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
Thu, 02 Dec 2004 10:12:37 -0500

Jack Neely <jjneely@pams.ncsu.edu> writes:

> I believe SQLite (which I think is great, BTW) uses POSIX advisory
> locking.  The documentation suggests that you should avoid network file
> systems.  I actually haven't tried this, but I wouldn't trust SQLite dbs
> to work in AFS.
>
>    http://www.sqlite.org/lockingv3.html
>
> Jack

I haven't looked deeply into the sqlite code (yet) but I plan to use
it in a project next year.  I expect that it wont work across multiple
clients in AFS due to the write-back cache.  I doubt that sqlite
fsync()s the db file after every commit, so I wouldn't think it would
be very sharable that way.

-derek