[OpenAFS] Re: AFS Perl module and threaded Perl

Norbert Gruener nog@MPA-Garching.MPG.DE
Sat, 4 Dec 2004 22:34:33 +0100

Hi Russ,

On Sat, Dec 04 2004, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Chaskiel M Grundman <cg2v@andrew.cmu.edu> writes:
> > Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu> wrote:
>
> >> Can you tell me what version of OpenAFS this library first became
> >> available in?
>
> > All versions of openafs are able to build these libraries in archive
> > (.a) form, but they are not built on every platform (only platforms that
> > afs supports pthreads on. (at the very least, it is not built on netbsd
> > 1.x or old darwin [old is < 7.0. I do not remember what macos x release
> > that corresponds to.])
>
> It sounds like the right thing to do will be to see if Perl is built with
> threading.  If so, die if we're not building with OpenAFS.  If we have
> both threading and OpenAFS, switch to the alternate library list.
> Continue to use the regular library list otherwise, just because it's
> known to work.

thank you for your efforts so far.  Unfortunately I don't have an AFS
environment on my home machine.  So I have to wait till Monday until I
can implement and test your patches.

Thank you,

Norbert
--
Ceterum censeo          | PGP encrypted mail preferred.
Redmond esse delendam.  | PGP Key at www.MPA-Garching.MPG.de/~nog/