[OpenAFS] rought timeline for 1.4.x

Alberto Paoluzzi paoluzzi@dia.uniroma3.it
Mon, 6 Dec 2004 20:10:01 +0100

--Apple-Mail-5--501049183

Jeffrey:

I'm using 1.3.74 (client side) compiled on macosx 1.3.6 at my powerbook
since a couple of weeks.
The client works with two cells using respectively klog and aklog, and
integrates well with Kerberos for macintosh tools.
One of the cells has AFS + K5 MIT + OpenLDAP.

The only problem I see (but I suppose is an Apple Finder problem):  I
cannot drag-and-drop between the two cells.
I must do that in two steps, passing for the local disk in-between.

In general the client looks pretty stable.
Thanks to everybody for your work with OpenAFS.  I really love it.

Alberto

<paoluzzi@dia.uniroma3.it> <pgp:0x32A0D8C1>

On Dec 6, 2004, at 7:48 PM, Jeffrey Altman wrote:

> Troy:
>
> The thing which is preventing the release of 1.3.7x as a stable 1.4
> tree is lack of deployment and testing by users.  There has been very
> little feedback both positive or negative on the existing releases.
> Without this feedback it is very difficult for us to know whether or
> not it is ready.
>
> Jeffrey Altman

--Apple-Mail-5--501049183
	name=PGP.sig