[OpenAFS] strange IP tunnel behavior

Wes Chow wes@woahnelly.net
Tue, 7 Dec 2004 19:40:00 -0500

On Tue, Dec 07, 2004 at 07:30:55PM -0500, Jim Rees wrote:
> Maybe an mtu problem.  These seem to be fixed now but I'm not sure about
> 1.2.11.  Have you tried a recent client?

My results with a 1.3.74 client have been spotty (as in sometimes
directories disappear, writes hang), regardless of whether or not the
machine is going through an IP tunnel.  I haven't had time to debug
what looks like 1.3.74 issues.

Regarding the MTU, the interfaces on the client and server are set to
the standard 1500.  I thought that generally MTU problems show up in
large file transfers.  Should I drop the MTUs?  By the way, can I drop
the MTU without restarting the fileserver or client processes?

Thanks,
Wes

--
http://www.woahnelly.net/~wes/          OpenPGP key = 0xA5CA6644
fingerprint = FDE5 21D8 9D8B 386F 128F  DF52 3F52 D582 A5CA 6644