[OpenAFS] sysname=ppc_linux26: Problems compiling

Christof Hanke hanke@rzg.mpg.de
Fri, 10 Dec 2004 10:58:58 +0100

Sergio Gelato wrote:

>* Jeffrey Hutzelman [2004-11-22 16:25:23 -0500]:

>>>Haven't seen that one, sorry.
>>>

>>IIRC this is known lossage resulting from a change in flex.  I don't recall
>>what the workaround is, but I'm sure there are people reading who do.
>>

>I think I spotted a patch in the archives that simply changed an
>"extern int yylineno" to plain "int yylineno". No guarantees, though;
>the problem doesn't seem to affect my current toolchain.

Look for the case construct for your $AFS_SYSNAME in the
configure-script and change LEX="flex" to LEX="flex -l".
-l provides maximal compatibility with original lex.
(or quick and dirty in src/config/Makefile.config)