[OpenAFS] You ever seen clients POUND a tiny RO replicated volume?

Neulinger, Nathan nneul@umr.edu
Fri, 10 Dec 2004 09:09:22 -0600

Our root.cell is seeing periods where some of the replicates are getting
accessed 2000-4000 times a second. I took a browse around and vos e'd
root.cell.readonly on a bunch of other cells, and NO ONE shows access
patterns like ours...=20

I'm seeing fetch-status calls from individual clients spaced at 1/100
and 1 second apart. bangbang wait bangbang wait ...=20

Ever seen anything like that? Could that have anything to do with the
stuff fixed in the windows client where it kills fileservers?

-- Nathan

University of Missouri - Rolla         Phone: (573) 341-6679
UMR Information Technology             Fax: (573) 341-4216