[OpenAFS] Re: FC3 + AFS 1.3.7x Problems (was: rought timeline for 1.4.x)

Jason McCormick jasonmc@cert.org
Wed, 15 Dec 2004 17:53:42 -0500

>   * Accessing an AFS volume over our VPN results in an immediate kernel
> panic.  The panic message reports many "Unable to handle kernel NULL
> pointer deference at virtual address" errors followed by "Recursive die()
> failure, output suppressed" and "<0>Kernel panic - not syncing: Fatal
> exception in interrupt".  This is present only on 1 of 2 laptops running
> FC3, but is 100% repeatable on the failing laptop.

  The 1.3.76 release has seen fit to print an oops to the console when I
try to use AFS over the VPN.  I've managed to capture (photographically) an
output of the screen.  Unfortunately the oops is several screens long and
there's no scrollback ability so I've only managed to save the last screen
of it.  I've put the file on my website at
http://www.devrandom.org/~jason/afs-oops.jpg.  It's a little fuzzy, but
camera used was not top-of-the-line unfortunately.  Let me know if this is
helpful or not.

  I've built 1.3.76 and will try to get to debugging some of the other
mentioned problems later this week.

  Thanks.

--
Jason McCormick