[OpenAFS] fs fails "Connection timed out"

Garry Glendown garry@nethinks.com
Sun, 19 Dec 2004 00:32:38 +0100

Horst Birthelmer wrote:

> On Dec 19, 2004, at 12:08 AM, Garry Glendown wrote:
>
>> Another problem ... following the instructions, I've gotten pretty far
>> ... accessing the afs directory locally works, but accesses through
>> the fs binary fail with "connection timed out" ... I tried a reboot,
>> everything seems to work fine, but still the same error ...
>>

> Could you provide a little more information what exactly you've been
> doing??

well, just following the documentation step by step ... I got as far as:

	 fs setacl /afs system:anyuser rl

(from "Configuring the Top Levels of the AS Filespace")

Other fs-functions will result in the same error ...

According to bos status, all relevant processes seem to be fine:

Instance kaserver, currently running normally.
Instance buserver, currently running normally.
Instance ptserver, currently running normally.
Instance vlserver, currently running normally.
Instance fs, currently running normally.
     Auxiliary status is: file server running.
Instance upserver, currently running normally.

I have not set up any clients (except the server itself)

Any idea?

Tnx, -gg