[OpenAFS] RE: Differences in vos e output

Ray Pasetes rayp@fnal.gov
Wed, 22 Dec 2004 15:32:57 -0600

Hi Kris,

The version of OpenAFS running on the fileserver is 1.2.9.
The version of the "vos" executable is 1.3.75.

I'm not so sure it's a move that is causing it though
because I just moved a volume and the create time didn't
change.

Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 10:00:32 -0500
From: Kris Van Hees <aedil-afs@alchar.org>
To: openafs-info@openafs.org
Subject: Re: [OpenAFS] [Fwd: OpenAFS-info digest, Vol 1 #2127 - 12 msgs]

Ray,

	What version of OpenAFS is running on the fileserver for this, and
what version is the 'vos' executable from?  I could think of a few scenarios
where this could happen, with the code changes that were introduced a while
ago to handle the timestamps.  A move sound pleasable since you indeed
create
a new volume in that case, but the last update information should typically
still be what was on the original volume, since that reflects the last
update
on the data contained in the volume.

	Kris
Ray Pasetes             Email: rayp@fnal.gov
CD/CSS/CSI              Phone: 630-840-5250
Fermilab, Batavia, IL   Fax  : 630-840-6345