[OpenAFS] loopback adapter address

David Bear David.Bear@asu.edu
Thu, 30 Dec 2004 16:27:02 -0700

This has happened sporadically now, only with windows XP. I think this
also includes SP2 though it doesn't seem consistent enough for me to
really be sure.

Just installed the 1.3.77 client, and elected to install the loopback
adapter.  This was the default. After install completed, I found the
loopback was NOT installed.

I will go ahead and add it, but I'd like to know what IP address and
Netmask the openafs developers assigned to it for the default install.

As a side note, assigning an address of 10.10.10.10 with a netmask of
255.255.0.0 works,, but seems to cause problems when I wanted to
connect to some of our network printers. We use a 10.xx address space
for some printers here and windows was not able to route properly. I'm
not tcpip routing guru but perhaps a different netmask would solve the
issue..

--
David Bear
phone: 	480-965-8257