[OpenAFS] When Using Kerberos5 is klog necessary?

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Thu, 01 Jan 2004 11:31:50 -0800

Derek Atkins <warlord@MIT.EDU> writes:
> Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu> writes:

>> As soon as we synchronize keys and update our DB servers, yes.  :)

> You already claimed your v4 and v5 kerberos realms were syncronized...
> Was that statement incorrect?

We're talking about different sorts of synchronization.  Right now, all
user accounts have the same password in both the old and new realms, but
other keys have not been synchronized unless the srvtabs and keytabs have
been downloaded recently.

It's kind of a mess at the moment.  We have a bizarre setup.  We're trying
to make it much simpler, but it keeps not being a high enough priority to
make a lot of forward progress.