[OpenAFS] permissions, symbolic links, ftp

Ron Croonenberg ronc@DEPAUW.EDU
Wed, 07 Jan 2004 14:38:54 +0000 (CT)

Hello all,

I have a permissions question.

I have a user with a public html directory and a subdirectory  in that one.

some thing like :
/home/user/public_html/csc496

I set permissions so that another user has accress to it with :
fs setacl /home/user/public_html/csc496 otheruser rlidwk

then, in otheruser's  home directory I made a symbolic link to that directory
with :

ln -s /home/user/public_html/csc496 /home/otheruser/user

Now when I use ftp, connect as otheruser and try to cd to user (and that's a
symbolic link to that other directory) then ftp reports that it "can't find
file

So am I missing some permission ?

thanks,

Ron