[OpenAFS] Re: OpenAFS for RedHat Linux Enterprise

Troy Dawson dawson@fnal.gov
Fri, 09 Jan 2004 11:28:21 -0600

Sorry for the delay.
After doing this diff, I remembered that I actually merged my old spec file,
from RedHat 9, with Fedora's.  The vast majority of the spec files are
similar, but there are a couple places that were in my old spec file, that I
just kept there because it just looked like it should work that way.

First, I'll do the diff, and then I'll say why I did the changes.
# diff fedora.openafs-1.2.10.spec LTS.openafs-1.2.10.spec
2c2
< %define pkgrel 1
---
 > %define pkgrel 3
7c7
< %define osvers fd1.0
---
 > %define osvers LTS3.0
30c30
< %define enterprisekernelsupport 0
---
 > %define enterprisekernelsupport 1
35c35
< %define bigmemkernelsupport 0
---
 > %define bigmemkernelsupport 1
79c79
< Source4: openafs-SuidCells
---
 > #Source4: openafs-SuidCells
89c89
< Patch0: openafs-%{afsvers}-rc.patch
---
 > #Patch0: openafs-%{afsvers}-rc.patch
226c226
< %patch0 -p0 -b .rc
---
 > #%patch0 -p0 -b .rc
306d305
<     hm=0
341d339
<     PrintDefine "__BOOT_KERNEL_HUGEMEM" $hm und,def,nl $file
454,455c452
<       make all PROGS="asetkey aklog ka-forwarder" \
<                  KRB524LIB= AKLOG_EXTRA_OBJ= && \
---
 >       make all PROGS="asetkey aklog ka-forwarder" && \
458d454
<             KRB524LIB= AKLOG_EXTRA_OBJ= \
516c512
< install -p -m 644 $RPM_SOURCE_DIR/openafs-SuidCells $uve/SuidCells
---
 > #install -p -m 644 $RPM_SOURCE_DIR/openafs-SuidCells $uve/SuidCells
633,647d628
< echo
< echo The AFS cache is configured for 100 MB. Edit the
< echo /usr/vice/etc/cacheinfo file to change this before
< echo running AFS for the first time. You should also
< echo set your home cell in /usr/vice/etc/ThisCell.
< echo
< echo Also, you may want to edit /etc/pam.d/login and
< echo possibly others there to get an AFS token on login.
< echo Put the line:
< echo
< echo    auth     sufficient   /lib/security/pam_afs.so try_first_pass
ignore_root
< echo
< echo before the one for pwdb.
< echo
<
683c664
< %config /usr/vice/etc/SuidCells
---
 > #%config /usr/vice/etc/SuidCells

Mine is at release 3, it took me 3 times to get it here

It is called LTS 3.0 (to match the enterprise 3.0 naming)

The enterprise and bigmem kernel support, was one of the leftover from the
RedHat 9 spec file I was using.  I had just decided to leave it because, after
all, this was an enterprise kernel, and we were using big memory.

I never have liked the SuidCells thing, at least for my site, so I always take
it out.

I comment out the rc patch.  I have made some minor changes to the startup
script, so I actually put in that patch by hand, and then put in my own.  My
change checks more than just that the network up, it actually does a 'wget'
ping of port 7000 of the server.  But I don't change anything dealing with
what kernel get's loaded.

This next batch of differences, there was a difference between the two spec
files, and I left it the way it was with my old one.

Again, the SuidCell thing

I take out the comment that get's said.  Those things are already set for my
users.

And again, the SuidCell thing.

I hope this helps things.
Troy Dawson