[OpenAFS] HELP! We 've lost our sync site

David Perel davidp@oak.njit.edu
Sat, 10 Jan 2004 14:25:50 -0500 (EST)

} From openafs-info-admin@openafs.org Sat Jan 10 14:14:19 2004
} To: Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu>
} Cc: James M Mosley <jmmosley@uncc.edu>, openafs-info@openafs.org
} Subject: Re: [OpenAFS] HELP! We 've lost our sync site
}
}
} > James M Mosley <jmmosley@uncc.edu> writes:
} >
} > > We need immediate help!  We have been unable to establish a sync site
} > > for about 6 hours.  All 3 of our database servers are up and appear to
} > > be perfroming the election as expected.  However, the server that should
} > > be come the synce site doesn't.  Here is some output from udebug on that
} > > server:
}
} > It's a bug in the time handling in OpenAFS and is hitting everyone with
} > more than one VLDB server.  It looks like 1.2.11 is coming soon with a
} > fix.
}
} We are seeing it in Transarc/IBM AFS too!
}
} John

We started experiencing a problem very similar to the above today (1/10).
However, we had a major network upgrade overnight and thought that
might be the cause of the problem.

Our 3 DB servers run Solaris 9 and IBM Transarc 3.6-2.50, both installed
on 1/8. Previous to today we have never this problem.

David Perel
NJIT