[OpenAFS] HELP! We 've lost our sync site

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Sat, 10 Jan 2004 12:09:47 -0800

ted creedon <tcreedon@easystreet.com> writes:

> How about libubik.a? beacon.o is in LIBOBJS in the Makefile
> The rebuild is quick.

I don't think anything really uses that part of libubik.a except for the
servers.

Rebuilding from source is completely painless.  I just finished deploying
rebuilt binaries here.  Patch ubik/beacon.c to change 0x3ffffff to
0x7ffffff (in oldestYesVote if I recall correctly), rebuild, and what I
did was put {bu,ka,pt,vl}server on local disk in, say, /tmp/afs on the
VLDB servers and then do:

    cd /usr/afs
    mkdir bin.old
    mkdir db.bak
    chmod 700 db.bak
    cp bin/* bin.old/
    /usr/afs/bin/bos shutdown -local
    /bin/cp db/* db.bak/
    /bin/cp -f /tmp/afs/*server /usr/afs/bin/
    /usr/afs/bin/bos restart -all -local

(This is from memory, so don't use this without checking it first.)  I
saved backup copies of the server binaries and a consistent database just
out of paranoia, in case something went wrong.