[OpenAFS] Dear Transarc, I Quit! Love, Moose

John Hascall john@iastate.edu
Sun, 11 Jan 2004 08:43:02 CST

Esther Filderman <ecf@psc.edu> writes:
> For those of you who have laughed at me because my servers were not
> running OpenAFS.
>
> the short story, because I tend to babble:
> By the time IBM acknowledged the 2^30 problem, the PSC's AFS servers
> were running OpenAFS 1.2.11, "upgraded" from Transarc 3.5.

I too would like to express my thanks to IBM/Transarc/name-of-the-week
for sticking a big fat knife in my workplace politics.  As far as I know
they *still* haven't produced a patched version for Digital/Compaq/HP/whatever
Unix which we still have on some of our servers (including our AFS DBs).

Seriously, my real thanks go to the OpenAFS developers and community
for giving me a way to put our cell back together on a critical
weekend without any eye-bleeding.

John