[OpenAFS] Dear Transarc, I Quit! Love, Moose

Douglas E. Engert deengert@anl.gov
Sun, 11 Jan 2004 11:40:55 -0600

John Hascall wrote:

> I too would like to express my thanks to IBM/Transarc/name-of-the-week
> for sticking a big fat knife in my workplace politics.  As far as I know
> they *still* haven't produced a patched version for Digital/Compaq/HP/whatever
> Unix which we still have on some of our servers (including our AFS DBs).

Well, in defense of Transarc, as a former Transarc contact, I received two
notes yesterday that last one sent at Sat, 10 Jan 2004 22:32:26 -0500 stating:

> AFS Contacts -
>
> Fixes are now available for the AFS v3.6 Solaris, HP, and Linux system types.
> Builds for the remaining system types are still underway and will be placed in
> the anonymous ftp directories indicated below as they complete. Please check
> the anonymous ftp location periodically for fixes to the remaining system types.
>
> Fixes needed to correct this problem are applied only to the database server
> binaries in your cell (buserver, ptserver, vlserver, kaserver). Changes are not
> required for your AFS clients or fileserver machines.
>
> Thanks,
> Kelly
>
> Kelly Chambers
> Manager, AFS Product Support & Development
> IBM Pittsburgh Lab
> kchamb@us.ibm.com
> 412-667-6930 - (T/L 989-6930)

The first note announced aix patches, and the ftp site. I fid not include the
FTP site, you may want to contact them.