[OpenAFS] Dear Transarc, I Quit! Love, Moose

Esther Filderman ecf@psc.edu
Sun, 11 Jan 2004 14:16:37 -0500

"Douglas E. Engert" <deengert@anl.gov> sez:

> Well, in defense of Transarc, as a former Transarc contact

Sorry, you're singing at the wrong tree, to mash metaphors.

I've been working for CMU for over 16 yrs.  I worked with AFS before
it was called AFS, when the way you fixed problems was to go
"upstairs" and yell at people.  I remember when Transarc formed [and
upstairs got a bit barren for a while] and they told us, "Now, when
things go wrong, you can't call people -directly-, you have to call
this -special- number, like all the other customers."

Watching the quality of Transarc/IBM's support of AFS over time has
been like watching my body -- it grows slow and creaky, and now it
walks with a cane.

[And, for some reason, when I run into old before-it-was-AFS people on
the street, I never recognize them.  (Hi, Craig!)]

But, I'm not bitter!

     ecf@psc.edu     Esther Filderman    moose+@cmu.edu
           Senior System Mangler & AFS Dominatrix
               Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center