[OpenAFS] FreeBSD and OpenAFS Server

Jason C. Wells jcw@highperformance.net
Mon, 12 Jan 2004 15:43:05 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004, Matt Weatherford wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to get an OpenAFS cell up with minimal pain, can anyone
> tell me what the state of OpenAFS with FreeBSD is and what
> versions I should use for best stability.

Try the port-freebsd list as well.  I don't think they are ready for prime
time yet.  Plus, they are working on 5.X systems, which are also not ready
for prime time.  There is no version of AFS per se.  I am not sure what
they are using to do the port work.

That said, I got the server and the client to run, at least until it
locked my system when I shutdown AFS.

You wouldn't happen to be related to an Alyssa Weatherford, who is also
from Seattle?

Later,
Jason